Sunday, August 15, 2010

part 17 road to recovery AGAIN

We finally come to terms with Mr fabulouss seizure; we searched every inch of the web. Apparently it is perfectly normal for any child to have one possibly two seizures in their childhood. That’s a comforting fact to all mothers out there, im sure. There is no explanation, they simply will never know what’s caused it, or if there is more to come. You never let a seizure go on for more than 5 minutes, you NEVER wake the child and YOU LET the child SLEEP after for as long as the child needs to after it.. If seizure lasts more than 5 minutes you ring an ambulance.

(Please if any of that information is wrong please post a comment with the correct info and I will change it, thank you xx)

It’s nearing October; Mr fabulous’s procedure is due in a few days. I have to admit im nervous as hell as im afraid he will have a seizure under the anaesthetic. But he’ll be in the best of hands so that helps me a little. We arrange to leave Lunatic john in my mother’s and we being Crazy jane and Mr fabulous to Dublin and stay in my brothers house.

Today’s the day, the moment I’ve been dreading is here. We are the first into the day ward, handy, first in, first done unless a child younger than Mr fabulous and more severe than Mr fabulous arrives. Nope Mr fabulous’s first, at first they were going to cancel the procedure as Mr fabulous had not had an EEG on his brain; they eventually decide to go ahead. We are not allowed go to operating theatre as they are doing work on that area. I walk with the porter; he’s lovely to the lift. I have to actually stop there and trust this man and the team with my son.

It’s a long wait, but here he is, sitting up smiling, he’s a bit groggy and he has 2 blue casts on his legs. He didn’t bat an eye lid at them; he loved the feel of them and kept looking at his little toes poking out. He’s wolfing down toast and 7up. He can come home, once he’s up walking. He’s wobbling all over the place, he looks comical but he’s walking, on his tip toes, OUCH the nurse said its normal, leave him to it. They gave me the vilest looking shoes, open toed, its autumn?? Straight to McDonalds, then into pennies for a pair of uggs, ok their girl’s uggs, but when you cut the boggles off, their quite cool.

How funny, Mr fabulous is like a demon when we get home, NO ONE is allowed to sit on the couch; he pulls us all off, with a few scrapes and pinches to go with it. What are you doing you little nutter. No, no one could sit on the couch, so I made everyone sit there and do their best to stay, on, he went mental, and he’s got some strength for a 3 year old child. We finally arrive back in New county, we pick up Lunatic john from my mum’s, she’s changing his nappy on the couch, Mr fabulous straight in and grabbed Lunatic john by the arm, wow my mum’s got some good reflexes, Mr fabulous then tries to pull Lunatic john off the couch by his ear, the screams, the scratches, pinches, and just determination to get everyone off the couch was just mental. My mum decided to keep Lunatic john for the night just till Mr fabulous calms down.

He’s like an elephant when he walks, thump thump thump, those casts are heavy little things, thank god we waited till October. Again with the couch, ok I made Crazy jane sit on the couch, every time Mr fabulous went near her I gave out to him and made him stop pulling, Poor Crazy jane had a few war wounds but she knew we had to get Mr fabulous to stop so she persevered. Mr fabulous eventually stopped doing this at home but went on to do it in Siobhan’s house. What can I say; I got a strange child lol. He eventually stopped after a few WEEKS.

Everything settling we’re delighted with how Mr fabulous has taken to the casts. Even in school with CRAZY JANE and Mr fabulous all is going really well. CRAZY JANE’s principle retired. CRAZY JANE’s old teacher is now principle, I have a really good feeling she’s ready to bring the school to the 21’st century and demolish the auld ways of the titan that was.

I have a meeting with CRAZY JANE’s resource teacher who is just about to retire; CRAZY JANE will be gutted as she really liked her. Were talking away and she’s asking me all about CRAZY JANE’s developmental history and early school years, back up why? Well when kids are on the spectrum they need to be helped in their particular areas of weakness and build on their strengths, etc etc. She then tells me that she does not do labels but when kids are on the spectrum etc etc. She then tells me that’s she has worked with autism for over 30 years and was involved in starting up one of the first ever ASD units in a primary school.

Ok, but Ms teacher, Crazy jane is not on the spectrum, she is no way near the spectrum according to Mr George. But you don’t need a label for a teacher to recognise where CRAZY JANE needs help the most. She was kind of annoying but I knew what she was saying at the same time.

I go home quite puzzled, what do I do, do I have the energy to go at the diagnosis battle again. Where would I go to get it if I have? There was only one place, firstly the owed me money and secondly there was no where else. Yes the door I taught I’d never darken again, was my only option, I searched for different options, there was none. Was I able for this battle thoe, I wasn’t sure. I ring, sort a lot out and I get my appointment for Crazy jane. Pride just had to be put aside as this was for CRAZY JANE and nothing else. She was all that mattered and no matter how much it was killing me to do it, CRAZY JANE was way more important.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh look at him, such a brave little guy, so what happens now

January 5, 2010 2:41 PM

Anonymous said...

I really hope you get the answer at long last Hun, dieng for next part

January 5, 2010 2:44 PM

Anonymous said...

those bleeding casts were like deadly weapons, i still got bruises haha

diddnt he knock you on concious with those things ??

poor crazy jane, here she goes again through all the shit.

A xx

January 6, 2010 3:29 AM

Anonymous said...

great post xxx

Yesterday at 5:25pm

January 6, 2010 4:06 AM

Anonymous said...

no way Maddy, we won't let you stop! great post, looking forward to next bit and really really hope you didn't have to go back to mr crinkle idiot...................

Yesterday at 6:06pm

January 6, 2010 4:06 AM

Anonymous said...

Another great blog Maddy. :-) xx

10 minutes ago •

January 7, 2010 1:34 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment