Sunday, August 15, 2010

part 15 anyways

Lunatic john's christening day arrives, it’s a glorious day. We hired sumo suits and a bouncy castle; we have foosball table, trampoline and a big play house also for all the kids. They have a great time, we also have a karaoke machine, were all singers and love singing the latest chart songs. Lots of friends and family came down from Dublin and loads of the lovely friends I’ve made from New county also. It is a perfect day. My friend Tom owns the local Chinese, he put on a lovely Chinese buffet on for us and set it out in the house, im very lucky, the house is fairly big as is our back garden. DH’s parents are over from Germany for the day also and my brother and sister and their families are all here too. This year was great for our family as it was the first time in 8 years we were all together celebrating special events, and considering we almost lost Dave through chronic illness at age 39, he survived and is here to tell the tale, and we appreciate having him so much.
The weather is so hot, were having a massive heat wave. Mr fabulous is due to under go a procedure for his feet. He is to have Botox injected to both ankles and have plaster Paris put on both feet and legs to correct severe damaging tip toe walking. Mr fabulous loves to swim, he goes almost 5 times a week, how in this weather could I let him have that procedure done and stop him from doing the one thing he loves most, swimming. I make a decision to cancel the procedure until October; casts in this weather would be a killer. Jesus it’s great that Crazy jane did break her arm in a strange way as it allowed Mr fabulous to see and feel a cast, yet again Crazy jane to Mr fabulouss rescue.

As I said before I decided to let it all go for a while regarding Crazy jane and her issues. We were plodding along daily as you do and struggling at times. Crazy jane is very inquisitive and we are extremely close as far as mum and daughters go. She was struggling with her maths one day and she got so upset that she flung her pencil across the table. This wasn’t the first outburst; they had been happening a lot lately. We needed to talk, I knew she was frustrated. Ok Hun, what’s up lately? Why wont you tell me what’s wrong with me asked Crazy jane, I need to know, I am 9 you know. I’ve had all these people see me, done loads of tests and I know nothing. Ok what do you know so far? Well I was reading my files in my folder and it said Aspergers, isn’t that autistic like? Am I autistic like Mr fabulous? Ahh ok so nosy arse you were reading things you shouldn’t, well now chicks, I never showed you them cause it’s too complicated to read.

I explain to Crazy jane about being diagnosed and then undiagnosed. She’s confused; she is now a member of my club. I explain the difference as best I can between Autism and Aspergers. I also explain why she does things she does, sensory issues, dyspraxic issues, mannerisms, out spookiness, social awkwardness, Crazy janeland, not liking and understanding change and the word no etc. It’s a very deep dark conversation. We make a feelings journal; I also make one for me. She writes her feeling on our rows, I write mine, the struggles, confusion etc. This book was a god send (hey Dr George who needs you , ya gimp, I got this pal)

I had been sick on and off with chest infections, due to the weather my asthma was back and really acting up. I had to be put on steroids and singular tabs to keep airways clear. It was constant and making me feel very tired, i was sleeping a lot with it. One day I wake up with mental pain in my side, I’m actually limping around, all that night I’m in immense pain but nodding off here and there also. The next morning I got up to go to the loo, i could hardly get out of bed. I struggled along, got Crazy jane to school etc, how I have no idea. I get home and nip round to the doc, I am sent straight to New county hospital, in their opinion I have an ovarian cyst rupture so I’m sent off to another New county hospital, I know you’re supposed to be worried and frightened, I was blank and I didn’t care. I had been to hell and back, I have 3 beautiful children, if something happens and I can’t have any more kids, so be it. I reach New county, my mum and dad with me, at one stage I’m being admitted, then maybe not lets see what Guiney doc says, no not a cyst, all good in that area, Ok up for an x-ray, all good, I have to see the surgeons. Ok I’m waiting, and waiting,

I was actually quite entertaining as a debs was on, all these beautiful girls in fab dresses, covered in puke, giving false names, balling their lamps out as their parents will kill them, ah it was a scene I tell ya, all the guys nipping out for a puff of a joint, dropping rizzla papers everywhere, they are barely coherent.

Yay my turn, as I hobble my way through the ball gowns, amidst the smell of vomit and lynx, the surgeon tells me that there is continuing protein growth in my urine (I’ve been giving non stop samples. I have a kidney stone, ouch. I get antibiotics, pain killers and I can go home, CT scan to be arranged in a few weeks.

4 comments:

Autimom said...

I love the idea of the feeling book......seems u and crazy jane have a great relationship..,..looking forward to next blog xx

January 4, 2010 9:02 AM

Anonymous said...

look at the handsome devil. such a lovely day hun, really enjoyed it, it was so nice to see you merry (drunk) and actually enjoy your self. Could'nt have been any more perfect than it was xx love to all the mad gang

A xx

January 6, 2010 3:20 AM

Anonymous said...

Well done, mand! Never a dull moment with you is there? Lol !

Mon at 4:08pm

January 6, 2010 4:07 AM

Anonymous said...

January 7 at 10:07pm

Hiya Maddy. Hope you are well. Just wanted to say that me and Paul absolutely love your blogs. They are so honest, hilarious despite all the heartbreak. Your kids are damn lucky to have such a brill Mam. Keep them coming!

January 8, 2010 4:16 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment