Saturday, August 14, 2010

part 10 crazy jane's medical team

I go to see the new Dr (maternity), he is blown away by my reason for a section. This man is lovely; he’s full of chat and just really interested in what I have to say. I go on to explain about Crazy jane's birth and what had happened to me, I also explain about my 2 children. I explain about Mr fabulous being Autistic and a section would be perfect for me to plan who will mind him, settle and prepare him , my husband could plan holiday's round time of the birth etc, I explain about Crazy jane having Aspergers and needing to know the exact plan of what's happening, every detail, nothing left out etc, the doctor asks me, do you have a social worker or can I recommend one for you, I look up, oh I don’t need one, I have help from the Organisation, and I have one through them. He's amazed that I’m coping so well, that I’m so organised and have planned so far ahead, well Dr you see, with my kid's I simply just have to. He then asks me in a nice way, am I mad to have more children, I explain the thyroid issues and explain my thought’s for this baby, he writes everything down, he shares my theory, the first Dr to ever say he thinks I’m onto something with it. He’s really amazed that I gave that much taught to the theory, he thinks it should be researched one day, he is very interested in it and asked if he could contact me about it should the need ever come up, I’m delighted, yes please do. Section scheduled for Jan 7th 2009

Time is flying by, Crazy jane still has not received an appointment from the medical team. Oh hell no, I ring and ring and ring, nothing, they don’t even answer their phones, what kind of shit hole had the Prof referred my child too. I send off the forms for DCA etc, also no word back. I am now friends with the wonderful Sandra from Rollercoaster. We are both going through similar and keeping each other company on the journey. It’s been a while since I’ve been online, all the usual names from Rollercoaster have gone, where they at? I receive a mail from Hennie and Sandra, were all on Face Book, come on over. Ahh Face Book, my friend Tara has been trying to get me on that for ages, ah ok I’ll give it a go in the near future, no time just now.

I get the best news I’ve had in months. My brother is coming home, he has been away working for so so long that we only ever spoke on the phone and got to see each other once in a blue moon. Yay my big brother is coming home. My mum and dad went to pick him up, my mum is all giddy, (he’s her fav) He’s only here for a while thoe as he’s off to live in Jersey. He was here for most of the summer, we had a great time, we made the most of him being home, we spend a lot of family days together. He was home for a few months and then flew over. I miss him dreadful.

My brother was in Jersey working construction, he was enjoying being over there as he once lived there for years. He has a daughter living there. We get a phone call to say that he's in hospital, about to under go a horrific operation to save his life. His spleen had ruptured and ulcers were leaking into his blood stream. My brother has more lives than a cat, he flat lined 3 times during the operation, but he made it. He’s in intensive care, we are making arrangements to go see him, but then he rings to say he's coming home to recover in 2 weeks time.

My brother is home, he’s in such a bad way, he’s ripped apart on his stomach, you can even see the scars from the staples, and food tubes everything. He’s told to take it easy, he's like me, we can't take it easy. We spend a lot of time together driving around, were both like cripples, I can't walk as the baby is lying on nerves and putting painful pressure and sciatica, he cant walk as he's in bits, its a giggle watching the two of us hobbling around. He's telling me all about the morphine drip, its the business Maddie, keep pressing that button, I’m laughing, I did not have one when I had Mr fabulous, and if I did, I was so busy throwing up from the anaesthetic that I simply just cannot remember it. We have a lovely Christmas and new years together, we were all in my mother's for the day and for a few days after.

I finally get my appointment for Jan 5th for Crazy jane, my section is Jan 7th, if I cancel now god knows when she’ll be seen. In I go, I’m shattered, my mum is with us. Dr George strolls down the corridor. Crazy jane is shitting, she’s scared of his demeanour, I’m not going in there, yes you are Crazy jane. Crazy jane I’ll be with you , your grand. He comes over, Crazy jane is staring at the beard, you can see she’s going to vomit she’s that scared. He asks if his students could sit in the room behind us (big two way mirror) and film and observe, yea whatever can we please just get this done with, pregnancy in the last month is not pleasant.

First thing said as we sat down, well I see here from the Profs Report, Crazy jane has received quite a lengthy diagnosis. Not that I would ever want to compare myself to such a respected and professional man, but I am going to start from scratch; I will conduct my own evaluation of Crazy jane and give my own Diagnosis. that said it all and translated to , basically, I think the Prof is slightly mad, and a bit dial a diagnosis, so I’ll just disregard his report thank you very much. We go on to tell of the story that brought us to here, myself and Crazy jane are talking and joking with each other as well, my mum is explaining her feelings on Crazy jane. We tell him everything my self and DH told the Prof. We explain our daily routines, fights, arguments, issues, we explain our family dynamic, everything. That was it, he said he'd conduct an OT assessment, he could not do a speech and language assessment as the therapist was on sick leave, no replacement. He would also be letting me know his diagnosis after the OT report.

I went into hospital on the 6th of January, my self and DH got something to eat there after I had checked in. I was so looking forward to tomorrow, just to finally hold my beautiful baby boy, we had decided to call him Lunatic john after we saw him on the 3D scan. I knew exactly what he looked like; now all I needed was him in my arms safe and well. DH left and of coarse I did not sleep a wink that night.

I rang DH that morning, where are you, you getting ready to come in? DH had food poisoning and had been vomiting and crawling on all fours that night. My mum was there as she was to mind Mr fabulous and Crazy jane in my house until I came home after the few days recovery. Oh my god, your kidding me, at first I was almost sobbing, but I just said, no. no way, this is not ruining what I’ve been so looking forward to, not a hope, I’m sorry your feeling shit DH but wake my mum up and tell her to get her ass into this hospital, you got to pull yourself together and mind the kids. If it was me home with it I’d have to look after myself and the kids also, he can do it, he’ll be fine. My heart went out to DH, he was devastated, but I could not let it upset me too.

My mum is here, were waiting and waiting to be called. My mum is shitting herself, oh Maddie,, what will I see, I cant do this, I can wait here for you, no you wont, your coming with me. Its time, were ready for you the nurse said. Oh god my mum is white as a sheet, the nurse brings her off to a separate room to get her dressed in gowns etc. I’m talking to the doctor, oh by the way I’ll pass out after the anaesthetic, don’t panic, I’m fine. He said no you wont, it’s all new stuff, and you’ll be fine. The doctor is lovely, were having a laugh, making jokes bout DH not being here etc. I’m really at ease and I’m not nervous, just get my baby outta there. I of coarse pass out, the Dr said when I came round, well you were not kidding were you. I feel very unwell, the anti sickness meds had almost made my head explode, I’m burning up, their putting cold compresses on my head. I don't care, my baby is here, he’s screaming (all muffled as in the womb still) oh my god can that boy scream, and he screamed and screamed, I got to hold him for a few min’s, (he’s screaming) then my mum was asked to take him to the nursery while they fixed me up and she had to dress him and feed him.

I finally get back to the ward, my mum is sitting there holding Lunatic john, he’s gorgeous, all 7 lb 8 oz of him. I’m ecstatic; I make a video for DH, I’m sending pic’s to everyone. DH is very upset that he can’t be here. My mum is bursting with pride, look at my grandson, I was the first to hold him, dress him, feed him, change his nappy, yay look at me lol. All my visitors come in, I get presents of teddies and choc’s sent to the hospital from his godparents Tara and Arno. It took 2 days for DH to be able to get to see him, and with that he cant even really hold him.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Maddy just brill - keep em comin ha ha ha

2 minutes ago

December 23, 2009 4:26 AM

Jen said...

That photo is only gorgeous, he doesn't even look 'newborn' how handsome is he?? Not liking the sound of that new Dr for Crazy jane, hurry up with next bit, I am totally hooked:) Jen

December 23, 2009 4:27 AM

Anonymous said...

I love them cant wait for the next installment fair play to you fittin them in your day xxxxxxx

45 minutes ago

December 23, 2009 5:15 AM

3laine said...

Brilliant post! Lunatic john is just so cute! Sorry to hear about Crazy jane's Dr, unfortunately some of those so-called "experts" don't really seem human at all. Can't wait for the next post! xxx

December 23, 2009 10:40 AM

i said...
ive just realised the photos say 2006, nope its def 2009 the batteries must have went dead and we never reset the date pml

December 23, 2009 1:34 PM
azzygal said...

Ah...well done Some rollercoaster of a ride you're on girl! And you do it so well.

Lunatic john is gorgeous...and Crazy jane and Mr fabulous too of course. Crazy jane's Doctor sound s awful Seems to me he was putting a bit of a show on for his students! xx Jazzy

December 23, 2009 3:12 PM

Anonymous said...

oh poor davy, hope hes doing well now, send him my love, havent seen him in years. Oh lunatic john was the cutest baby

that dr is a c**t mands

A xx

ps i read your blog top to bottom, so starting to put it together in my head now, trust me haha

January 6, 2010 3:45 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment